Merzouga is the pearl of the Moroccan desert, a true jewel very popular with tourists from all over the world. Merzouga, a small Berber village in south-eastern Morocco, about 35 kilometres southeast of Rissani, about 45 kilometres from Erfoud, and about 20 kilometres from the Algerian border, is known worldwide for its beautiful landscapes and the immensity of its dunes where You lose your sight. That is why Merzouga is one of the ideal places to admire its sunset, as well as to contemplate a magnificent starry sky.
Near Merzouga is Erg Chebbi which means "the sand dunes” despite its name are curiously the largest dunes in the country, with 250 meters in height. The dunes change colour depending on the time of day. It is an unforgettable experience to contemplate the beautiful sunrise or sunset over its dunes, as well as the incredible mantle of stars that closes on their nights, thanks to which in Merzouga, located in the heart of the Sahara desert, is far from urban pollution And light to which we are accustomed. The dunes can be traversed on foot or on the backs of dromedaries or in 4x4 vehicles.
- Birds that can be observed there, among which are avutardas, chotacabras and flocks of pink flamingos. These birds usually concentrate near the lake that forms during the winter floods.
- Dromedary excursion in Merzouga dunes
- Magnificent palm grove that surrounds Merzouga, creating a beautiful contrast between the green of the palm grove and its golden dunes.
- Health and well-being tourism, more travellers come to Merzouga to realize cures of Sand Baths during the months of July and August. Since in these months the temperature is higher. The treatment consists in burying thepatients in the burning sand in periods of 5 to 10 minutes and others of rest, in which it must hydrate itself drinking tea with spearmint. Routes through the desert of Merzouga
- Merzouga is the ideal place to carry out activities, routes and excursions in the area whether in 4x4, dromedaries, quads, buggies or bikes. This town has beautiful landscapes and many routes and tracks accessible for 4x4 vehicles.